Certificate in Journalism and Mass Media Communication
Core: Six Core Courses
- Introduction to Journalisms
- Basic reporting and writing Skills
- Mass communication research methods
- Community and developmental Journalism
- The editorial process and Newspaper layout and design
Elective: 16 elective courses (not required)
Students are free to pick up to three course electives in ADDITION to the six core courses. Thus, some individual students may, if they pick electives, have as many as 7 to 9 courses. Elective courses will cost extra ($100 per course) for the students who will add them to their core courses. The course professor will design extra lectures for those electives.
Number students to be in this program: 50 students
Duration: One Year offered in 3 semesters
Fees: $100 per course x 6 core courses = $600
Students will pay $200 per semester (2 courses will be offered each semester) or students can make one time payment for $600 for the 6 core courses.