To deliver distance education courses to students and professionals based in Africa and who wish to upgrade their skills or learn new skills in different subject areas such as the English language, Information and Communications Technologies (ICT), Computer Science and Journalism.
Contribute significantly to the Development of Distance Education in Africa.
In doing so, DEAfrica :-
- Combines the academic quality of a DeAfrica Organization with career-focused learning, discovery and the application of knowledge.
- Emphasizes excellence in ICT learning, teaching, Journalism, scholarship, research and support for entrepreneurship with current technology.
- Contributes to technological, economic, social and cultural progress, and is engaged with and within our community.
- Solicits and receives financial support from National and International organizations in order to support education programmes and training workshops so as to enhance education standards of targets communities.
- Provides market oriented ICT training to youth and women.
- Assists public universities curriculums in cyber security.
- Provides solar technology to local communities to facilitate small scale business activities.
Distance Education for Africa (DeAfrica) is committed to openness, flexibility, accessibility, affordability, quality, interactivity and diversity.
- Openness – Students know what, when and how they will learn and be assessed on each specific part of their programme with opportunity to provide timely feedback on programme content and delivery. Library, ICT, social and specialist resources provide environments for individual and group work that form integral parts of programmes. Administrative services and supports are of a quality to facilitate students in fully participating in their programmes of study and are appropriately responsive to their needs. Open, honest, professional, accountable and proactive sharing of information, acting in the Organization’s best interests with devolved authority and accountability for decisions and actions within a framework of regulations, policies and procedures.
- Flexibility – Preparing students for professional careers including exposure to international perspectives emphasizing the importance of integrity, responsibility and entrepreneurial skills alongside the utility of knowledge and contributions to economic social and cultural development.
- Challenging – Challenge orthodoxy via rigorous processes of discovery, critical enquiry and innovation. Making distinctive, relevant and timely research contributions to advance human knowledge.
- Accessibility – Striving to create a friendly, collaborative and trusting community, where diversity is valued, individuals are treated with respect, encouraged developing their potential and making their contribution, and pride is shared in our collective identity.